OCTOBER 30 - November 9, 2020
OCTOBER 29 - November 8, 2021
OCTOBER 28 - November 7, 2022
Rwanda Mountain Gorilla Safari and the Great Migration* in Tanzania
ELEVEN DAYS FROM $14,499
Set in lush African forests, standing within an arm’s reach of a mountain gorilla, Zoom Vacations is now offering an exhilarating, once-in-a-lifetime excursion into eastern Africa. Encountering one of 800 remaining mountain gorillas trekking through Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park is a soul stirring experience. Far more intimate than a traditional safari, Zoom’s 11-day tour through Rwanda and Kenya provides endless opportunities for a jaw-dropping, breath-taking, and memory-making vacation.
Juxtaposed with Africa’s rugged wilderness are the five-star lodgings in which Zoom travelers will enjoy luxurious pampering. Between game drives through the home of Africa’s Great Migration are sunset cocktails, gourmet meals, and top-notch spa services.
During our tour, we literally lodge-hop on executive-class Cessnas throughout Kenya until arriving in Rwanda for our gorilla safari. The planes have custom-designed interiors, replete with bespoke white leather seating and mahogany embellishments.
As you can see, this is not your run-of-the-mill Africa safari experience. This is something truly spectacular; something that will bring you face-to-face with gorillas and safari animals like never before; something that will pamper and thrill you every day; something that will live in your memory forever. This is is Zoom Rwanda and Kenya.
• Services of a Zoom Concierge throughout your trip
• Come face to face with mountain gorillas on a trek through Volcanoes National Park
• All-inclusive resorts including food, beer, wine, and spirits
• Lodge hopping on private executive-class Cessnas throughout Kenya
• 1 night at gorgeous Hemingways Hotel in Nairobi
• 2 nights in beautiful Esle Hopje Lodge in Kenya
• 2 nights in our luxury lodge in the Amboseli National Park
• 2 nights in the Masai Mara
• 2 nights in 5 star properties in Rwanda
• Visit Virunga National Park, Africa’s oldest and most biodiverse national park
• Sunset cocktails and dinners with breathtaking views on safari
• Explore the home of the Great Migration
• Possible visit to an authentic Maasai village
• Sundown cocktails in the bush
• Game drives through four different lodges in Rwanda and Kenya
• Night game drives
• Walking safaris accompanied by experienced guides
• A gourmet picnic lunch on safari
• Evening cocktail hours
• See a multitude of elephants in Amboseli National Park
• Spend two days exploring the vast Masai Mara Game Preserve
• Brunch in the bush of Serengeti National Park
• Complimentary laundry service at select lodges
• Expert guides leading game drives and walks
Space is limited. Call us today to book this tour: 604-872-2627.
“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make".
— Jane Goodall
Gay Friendly, Luxury Accommodations
Serena Hotel, Kigali (1 Night)
Ideally located on one of Kigali's most charming boulevards, the five-star Kigali Serena Hotel is built around a polished granite atrium, which showcases the very best of Rwandese cultural art. Relaxed yet elegant, the hotel features an Executive Lounge and Bar, which opens onto a wide sundeck overlooking the newly refurbished swimming pool. Also overlooking the pool, the popular Milima Restaurant offers a wide range of all-day buffet choices, while the relaxed Sokoni Café offers inside and outside poolside seating.
• Pool, Pool Deck and Gardens
• Maisha Spa & Health Club
• Executive Lounge & Bar
• Concierge Services
• The Milima Restaurant
• The Sokoni Café and Bar
Hemingways, Nairobi (1 Night)
Set between Nairobi National Park and the foot of the Ngong Hills, Hemingways Nairobi is an exclusive boutique hotel far from the bustle of central Nairobi. An all-suite property providing full butler service, gourmet restaurant, a brasserie and a bar, it is perfectly placed for trips to Nairobi National Park and the capital. Hemingways has a sophisticated and tranquil ambiance. Each of the 45 suites is a generous size, all with walk-in dressing rooms and a terrace with magnificent views of the Ngong Hills.
• Plantation-style boutique hotel with the Ngong Hills in the distance
• 45 suites all lined with hand cut Italian marble, walk-in wardrobe, double vanity, separate toilet, bath and shower and a terrace
• Personal butler service for every guest
• Spa makes use of sacred rituals to cleanse and reinvigorate
• Contemporary modern cuisine using locally sourced artisan producers and accompanied by the finest selection of wines
Tortilis Camp (2 Nights)
Tortilis Camp has unrivalled views of Kilimanjaro, rising out of the semi-arid bush studded plains – Africa’s highest mountain, and the highest free standing mountain in the world.
Winner of British Airways’ prestigious eco-tourism award, Tortilis pioneered low impact, high comfort tourism. Guests have access to a private 30,000 acre conservancy facing the mountain; and can enjoy walks with experienced Masai guides, bush breakfasts and sundowners.
• Classic luxury safari camp
• 16 tents, ensuite with magnificent
views (9 doubles, 7 twin)
• 1 Private House (with two en suite bedrooms and a private living area)
• 1 Family Tent (with two en suite bedrooms and a private veranda)
• Swimming pool & bar, spa/massage, shop
• Gold level eco-rating, and winner of the British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow Award
• Free Wi-Fi in public areas and rooms.
Elsa’s Kopje (2 Nights)
Unashamedly romantic and beautifully styled, Elsa’s Kopje is sculpted into Mughwango Hill, above the site of George Adamson’s original camp where he raised and released orphan lions, long before conservation became fashionable. Each cottage is crafted around the rocks, with a large bedroom, open sitting room, veranda, rock-hewn bathroom, and breathtaking views.
• 6 spacious en suite Cottages ~ 5 doubles and 1 twin
• 3 Honeymoon Cottages ~ 2 spacious ensuite doubles with a private decks and outside baths; 1 large triple-level
cottage with private sitting room, double ensuite bedroom & a private deck
• 1 Family Cottage ~ 2 ensuite bedrooms, (1 double, 1 twin), sitting room, and a large private veranda.
• Private House ~ 1 double and 1 twin room (both ensuite), shared sitting room, dining room, veranda and private pool.
• Infinity swimming pool, massage, Wi-Fi
• Gold level eco-rating and an Andrew Harper Grand Award Winner
Sand River, Masai Mara (2 Nights)
Located on the banks of a river from which it has taken its name, Sand River Masai Mara is located within the Masai Mara National Reserve, close to the Tanzanian border. Situated on a secluded and picturesque site, the Camp replicates the heyday of exclusive permanent tented camps of the late 1920’s. The interior fixtures and furnishings mirror this period perfectly, reminding all who visit of those countless Hollywood movies that have paid homage to a classic era of African adventure.
• 16-tented rooms divided into two separate but adjoining accommodation areas (split into 10/6)
• A 2-bedroom en suite family tent with private lounge
• Enclosed tents including eco-friendly woven strand bamboo floor adorned with throw carpets
• Free Wi-Fi in public areas and rooms
Virunga Lodge (2 Nights)
The magnificent Virunga Lodge is perched high on a ridge and has stunning views of the Virunga Volcanoes and the twin lakes Bulera and Ruhonda. It is the premier luxury destination for gorilla safari tours and tracking the endangered mountain gorillas. The Virunga safari lodge in Rwanda has been described as having ‘the best view in the world’ and as ‘one of the finest lodges in Africa’. The organic, ‘bush-chic’ design reflects the local building style and offers luxury comforts to all guests. Each banda has its own terrace with breath-taking views of the Virunga volcanoes or twin lakes, while sensitive installations such as low-flush toilets and solar power ensure you enjoy luxurious comforts while maintaining a crucial sensitivity to the environment.
• 10 bandas. Guide cottage available
• Personal butler service for all guests
• Ikirunga – Spa & Sauna
• Wi-Fi access in the main lodge building and Dian Fossey Map Room. Charging facilities available in each banda.
• Premium wine, whisky, and cocktail menus
• 40-min drive to Park headquarters
*Note: the Migration is an animal instinct and weather driven phenomenon - none of which we control.
Air: International and domestic airfare not included. Cost of 4 internal flights approximately $1,799.
Safari Permits: Gorilla trek permit not included.
Passports: Your valid passport should have at least two blank visa pages and should be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the country you are visiting.
Note: Passport pages titled "Endorsement Pages" are not visa pages.
Visas: Please note that currently US citizens must have a visa to enter Rwanda and Tanzania. Visa is available upon arrival to Rwanda and Tanzania. If you are not a US citizen, please click here to determine your visa requirements.
While Zoom Vacations will assist when possible, please note that passport, visa, and vaccination requirements vary from country to country and are the sole responsibility of the traveler. If you are a US resident, you may click here for more information on passport, visa, and vaccination requirements for various countries.
*Land only Introductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
For more information on entry and exit requirements, see here.